It consults on an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Scoping Opinion Request for a new link road between the A120 and A133 comprising dual two-lane carriageway:
- at grade junction connecting the proposed link road to the A133
- two potential intermediate roundabout locations giving access between Allen’s Farm and the Garden Community development, and Tye Road (NW) and the Garden Community development
- an underpass for future proposed Rapid Transit System and a diverted public right of way (PRoW)
- one grade separated dumbbell junction (two roundabouts linked by a single bridge) connecting the link road to the A120
- new access road to Colchester Waste Transfer Station north west of the proposed A120 junction and
- new two-way access to an existing petrol station west of the proposed A120 junction
This consultation from Essex County Council runs from 5 August to 26 August 2020.