Check what you can put out
Put any non-recyclable rubbish in black bags. If you live in a wheelie bin collection area, place the rubbish sacks within the bin ensuring that the lid is firmly shut.
Unless you have a rubbish limit exemption, you can put out a maximum of 3 x 60 litre black bags or a 180 Litre wheelie bin.
If you have a wheelie bin, put your black bags inside and make sure the lid is firmly shut.
Items we collect:
- Nappies, incontinence pads, catheter/stomach bags and sanitary waste
- Plastic film and polystyrene
- Pet litter
- Knives, broken glass or sharp objects (wrapped in newspaper or cardboard with warning label on)
- Biodegradable face wipes
Items we do not collect
- Clinical and hazardous waste including infectious medical items, needles, granular or powder pesticides, liquid pesticides or asbestos
- Recycling materials
- Garden waste
- Commercial waste
- Hot ashes
- Electrical and electronic items
- Beverage cartons (juices and dairy products for example)
- Liquid waste including oil and paint
- Large bulky household items including fridges, freezers, beds, televisions and cabinets
Page last reviewed: