When applying for a job vacancy, you will be asked to provide the details of referees who can comment on your previous work experience and suitability for the job you have applied for.

Please note that we must check references for your last 3 years of employment. This can be from paid or voluntary work that you have undertaken. One of your referees will need to be your current or last employer.

If you are related to a Colchester City Council Member (Councillor), a Colchester City Homes Board Member or an employee of either organisation, you will need to provide details of any such relationships on the application form.

Page last reviewed: 7 February 2020