Things you need to know
Equality and diversity in employment
At Colchester City Council we provide equal opportunities to potential and existing employees.
We recognise that equality benefits all groups. We aspire to have a workforce that reflects our diverse community and is therefore better equipped to meet the needs of the population we serve.
All our applicants and employees are treated fairly. We welcome applications from all members of our community, in line with our Equality and Diversity in Employment policy.
Equality and diversity monitoring
Each year we measure our workforce to assess the impact our policies and practices have on different people. We do this to ensure that we are not discriminating against any groups. Please see our equality and diversity monitoring data:
- Equality and Diversity Monitoring Data 2021-2022
- Equality and Diversity Monitoring Data 2020-2021
- Equality and Diversity Monitoring Data 2019-2020
Gender pay gap
Equality Act regulations require public organisations with more than 250 employees to publish a range of gender pay gap figures. The requirements for the public sector largely mirror those for the private sector.
- Gender Pay Gap narrative 2022-23 (31/03/22)
- Gender Pay Gap narrative 2021-22 (31/03/21)
- Gender Pay Gap narrative 2020-21 (31/03/20)
- Gender Pay Gap narrative 2019-20 (31/03/19)
- Gender Pay Gap narrative 2018-19 (31/03/18)
- Gender Pay Gap narrative 2017-18 (31/03/17)
Each year, our data is published:
- as a narrative (“written statement”) as shown above
- on the Government's gender pay gap portal where the results can be compared with those of other organisations
- Under Council data on our website, in the Council information section.
Page last reviewed: 7 February 2020