Things you need to know
A person with a recognised disability is covered by the Equality Act if they have a physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long term (over 12 months) adverse effect on their ability to carry out normal day to day activities. People who have had such a disability in the past are also covered.
Disability Confident scheme
If you tell us that you have a disability on the Equality and Diversity monitoring form, you will be able to benefit from the nationally recognised "Disability Confident" scheme. This means that if you meet the essential criteria for the role as set out in the Person Specification document, you will automatically be included in our shortlisting process.
As a Disability Confident Committed Employer we have committed to:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicate and promote vacancies
- Offer an interview to disabled people
- Anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as require
- Support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long term health condition, enabling them to stay in work
Find out more about Disability Confident at www.gov.uk/dwp/disabilityconfident.
To discuss whether you would be eligible, please contact the Council's HR Service Centre.
Page last reviewed: 7 February 2020