Employee Perks and Benefits
The Council is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment.
Our Wellbeing in the Workplace Strategy encourages a culture where people are "happy, healthy and here".
This approach aims to:
- Promote and support employee wellbeing initiatives to ensure people are healthy, safe and happy in the workplace;
- Minimise employee sickness absence and the impact this has on the performance of Services as well as the physical and/or mental health of the individual; and
- Ensure all employees have access to and receive the assistance they require to achieve a positive working environment at the Council.
All Council service areas have Wellbeing Champions who are responsible for promoting wellbeing initiatives throughout the organisation, including:
- Getting Active
- Healthy Eating
- Mental Health and Physical Wellbeing
- Smoking Cessation
- Drugs and Alcohol Awareness
Supported by the Council's Senior Management Team, our wellbeing strategy offers employees access to beneficial interventions that improve wellbeing.
Employee Assistance Programme
Our Employee Assistance Programme is provided by independent experts in employee support services. Any information you receive will be accurate and confidential.
The programme gives you access to personal support and advice about wellbeing, family matters, relationships, debt management, workplace issues, consumer rights and much more. You can access this support either online or by speaking to a qualified professional.
Page last reviewed: 7 February 2020