Garden Waste Subscription Service
Opt-in to the Garden Waste Subscription Service
Our new service will:
- be provided on an opt in basis with a £35 one off joining fee per bin and an annual service fee of £55 per bin which will be reviewed annually
- offer residents a service for up to 4 wheeled bins per property
- allow residents to share a bin between 2 or more properties
- offer residents up to 25 collections a year
- be a wheeled bin only service but with a choice of a standard wheeled bin or smaller wheeled bin
- be available to all residents currently receiving a kerbside garden collection service
- be available to all hard to reach properties accessible with one of our smaller bin lift lorries
- offer the same assisted collection service as currently
Service start date
From Monday 15 January 2024, garden waste collections will become a subscription service. Unless you subscribe to the yearly subscription service, your garden waste will no longer be collected once the new service goes live.Subscribe now
What happens once you have opted-in
If you already have a brown wheeled bin, a letter with a permit will be sent to you in the post. You must attach the permit to your existing wheeled bin under the handle.
If you need a brown wheeled bin, the bin with a permit attached, will be delivered to your address. Where possible we aim to deliver new bins within 14 days however in times of high demand this may take longer. Please note we will be starting bin deliveries on Monday 14th November so early subscribers can expect their bin(s) after this date.
Your subscription starts on the first calendar collection after you have either received your bin with a permit or received a permit through the post and attached it to your existing bin.
Calendars showing your new collections will be published on 08 January 2024.
Check your subscription status
If you have not received your bin or permit, report now.
Page last reviewed: 3 November 2023