If you're elderly, disabled or have a long-term health condition, you may be eligible for help to adapt your home. If you are a homeowner/leaseholder we may be able to provide a loan to help you repair your property.

Types of eligible works

Things that we might be able to help with include:

  • adapted bathroom facilities
  • stairlifts
  • access ramps
  • level access showers
  • door widening
  • level thresholds

Who can apply

You can apply for a grant if you are:

  • an owner or the tenant of a property
  • a landlord on behalf of a disabled person
  • parent/guardian of a disabled child

The property to be adapted must be the place where you live, and you should intend to keep living there for at least five years after the work is complete.

Page last reviewed: 18 April 2024