Book a Special Collection online
We will collect and dispose of your unwanted, large household items for a small fee. If your item can be reused please donate it to a local ReUse organisation or the Colchester Freegle group.
You could also look at hiring a skip if you have a large amount of items to dispose of, you can even use a comparison site to compare the cost of hire.
Please note: we are unable to collect glass and mirrors and these items would need to be removed prior to collection.
Please note: we are unable to collect tins of paint. These can be disposed of at your local recycling centre.
Items we collect
Hazardous and/or electrical waste
- Includes white goods and anything with a plug
- £12.67 per item except Fridges and Freezers which are £26.60 per item
Hazardous/electrical items we collect
Other large household items
- Includes beds, sofas or wardrobes
- Also includes domestic garden furniture, toys etc
- £43.26 for up to six items
- £69.48 for up to twelve items
Household items we collect
- Collections take place on Mondays (including Bank Holidays) for bulky items and electrical items. The date for collection is confirmed at the time of booking
- A specific time of day cannot be offered
- All items should be placed outside your property in clear view by 7am on the morning of the collection
- Items should be left on the kerbside and not in communal areas
- We will not enter garages or properties to collect items
- Operatives will only collect items that you request to be collected
- You do not have to be available at the time of collection
- Payment is made at the time of booking and is non-refundable