The main rates of working age benefits and tax credits have been frozen for four years from April 2016 to April 2020.
Benefits that are affected are:
- Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income Support
- The Employment and Support Allowance Assessment Rate and Work Related Activity Group (WRAG) Rate
- Child Benefit
- The Applicable amounts* for the calculation of Housing Benefit and Local Housing Allowance rates
- Child and Working Tax Credit (with the exception of the adult and child disability elements. The disability elements will continue to be increased by the Consumer Price Index)
*The Applicable amount represents your family's basic living expenses.
Benefits that are not affected by the uprating are:
- Pensioner benefits
- The support component of Employment Support Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment
- Disability Living Allowance
- Maternity allowance
- Statutory sick pay
- Statutory maternity/paternity pay
- Statutory shared parental pay
- Statutory adoption pay
- Any disability, carers or pensioners elements of benefits, for example, the disability elements of Child and Working Tax Credit.