The 2022 figures are based on 1,043 CBC employees (including casuals) as at 31 March 2022 –
533 (51.1%) were men, 510 (48.9%) were women.
These split the total number of staff into 4 groups, from highest to lowest earners:
- Of the 260 employees in the top quartile - 116 are male (44.6%), 144 are female (55.4%).
- Of the 261 in the upper middle quartile - 164 are male (62.8%), 97 are female (37.2%).
- Of the 261 in the lower middle quartile - 135 are male (51.7%), 126 are female (48.3%).
- Of the 261 employees in the lower quartile - 118 are male (45.2%), 143 are female (54.8%).
- This is mainly a small performance payment to waste and recycling staff (in the lower pay quartiles) in return for ‘no annual leave, no sickness absence’ over Christmas and New Year.
- Women earned £1 for every £1 that men earned when comparing median bonus pay.
- Long service awards are defined as a bonus: CBC recognises the commitment of its employees to public service with £250 vouchers for employees achieving 25 years’ service.