Bereavement service changes
Following the Government’s measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus, our cremation services and burials are still taking place with certain restrictions.
Funerals, both cremation services and burials, are taking place with necessary restrictions to ensure the safety of both mourners and our staff.
Funeral directors are contacting their customers to inform, support and advise them of the restrictions in place. They will be able to help bereaved families to access the Obitus system webcast and funeral recording facilities.
The following advice for funeral services is in place.
- The crematorium and cemetery can hold funerals with up to 120 mourners in the chapel, or less if the congregation wish to socially distance. Those in the chapel must remain seated to avoid crowding.
- Stringent cleaning measures are in place. We will sanitise surfaces between funeral services and will ventilate the chapel as much as possible.
- Face coverings should be worn in the chapel, waiting room, toilets, the crematorium office and the Book of Remembrance room
- Singing in the chapel can resume but the hymn books cannot be used. For hymns ordered through Obitus, the words can be seen on the chapel screens or printed in Order of Service.
- Hand sanitiser should be used on your way in and out of the building.
GravesideThe following advice for graveside mourners is in place.
- Any reasonable amount at a graveside.
Ashes and wakes
From 21st June any reasonable number of people may attend an ashes burial or scattering.
Cremation applicants should contact the crematorium office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01206 282950 to get more information or to make an appointment.
Following an update to government coronavirus legislation, the cemetery is open to visitors.
The Book of Remembrance room is open weekdays from 9.30am to 4.15pm and 10.00am to 1.00pm on weekends and bank holidays from Saturday 24th July. We ask that only one family is in the room at any one time.
The office reception is open but only one family can be in at any one time.
The Prayer Room remains closed.
Information and advice
For further burial and cremation service information, you can visit our Cemetery and Crematorium section.
Page last reviewed: 5 May 2021