Sustainable Warmth Scheme

This scheme is not accepting any referrals at present. 

The Green Homes Grant Sustainable Warmth Scheme is a government scheme aimed at improving the energy efficiency of, and decarbonising, homes in the UK where residents are on low incomes. 

The Council has funding available for residents to receive energy efficiency and green energy upgrades to their homes. 

Funding available as part of the scheme: 

Local Authority Delivery Scheme: For on-gas properties. Individual grants of up to £10,000 are available for people who own their property. If you are renting, then up to £5,000 is available per property, and your landlord will have to meet a minimum of a 1/3 of the total costs of any efficiency improvements. 

Grants are available to install measures such as roof and wall insulation that will help to improve the energy efficiency of properties, saving you energy, money and reducing carbon emissions from your property. Other possible measures are the installation of solar PV/solar thermal, LED lighting and heat pumps. 

Grant funding is available from March 2022-March 2023. We are working with Warmworks, a company who will be helping people through the process of signing up to the scheme, checking their eligibility and conducting house surveys, appointing contractors to conduct the works and getting final surveys of the property completed. 

To be eligible to receive this grant you must be:

  • on a combined household income of £30,000 or less, or are in receipt of Council tax reduction or an eligible benefit, this includes: 
    • Armed Forces Independence Payment
    • Attendance Allowance
    • Carer’s Allowance
    • Child Tax Credit
    • Constant Attendance Allowance
    • Disability Living Allowance
    • Guaranteed Pension Credit
    • income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
    • income-related Employment and Support Allowance
    • Income Support
    • Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
    • Personal Independence Payment
    • Severe Disablement Allowance
    • Universal Credit
    • War Pensioners' Mobility Supplement
    • Working Tax Credit
  • living in a property where the energy performance certificate (EPC) is E, F or G. If your property doesn’t have an EPC listed, then please still get in contact with Warmworks to arrange for an EPC to be completed or updated. You can look up the EPC of your property.

Page last reviewed: 3 November 2021


Subscribe to receive updates on Council news, events and offers, green living, leisure and sport, museums, committees, jobs and more.