Recycling service changes
Since Colchester Borough Council declared a climate emergency in 2019, we have been working to reduce our environmental footprint.
One of the steps we are taking is to reduce our use of paper and ink. We can do this by not printing documents that are available to download from our website, including the annual recycling calendars.
From April 2022, this will save 42,000 printed pages every year.
Download your recycling calendar
It has never been easier to download and check your recycling calendar 24/7.
- Go to colchester.gov.uk/download-my-calendar
- Enter your postcode
- If you are downloading a calendar for someone else, remember to use their postcode
- Download and save
Live in a flat?
We are aware our recycling calendars do not work for all flat properties, so we are working on personalised digital calendars for you. They will be available later in 2021.
In the meantime, continue to follow your normal recycling routine.
Textiles recycling restarting on 26 April
We are working in partnership with Essex Textiles to restart textile recycling kerbside collections from 26 April.
- A roll of blue bags and an information leaflet will be delivered to all households before the first collection.
- Textile recycling will be collected on a Blue Week on your normal collection day.
Be a better recycler
Our crews continue to work hard to keep up with collections where extra recycling is being produced at home. Everyone can help our collections to run smoothly by:
- separating glass and cans into different boxes. This will be required from 1 June 2021. You can use any similar size box of your own (not cardboard)
- flattening cardboard boxes
- rinsing and squashing plastic bottles
Page last reviewed: 1 March 2021