Book a special collection
We will collect and dispose of your unwanted, large household items for a small fee.
If your item can be reused please donate it to a local ReUse organisation or the Colchester Freegle group. If you have a large amount of items to dispose of you can also hire a skip and even use a comparison site to compare the cost of hire.
We are unable to collect glass and mirrors, these items would need to be removed prior to collection.
Items we collect
Hazardous and/or electrical waste:Includes white goods such as dishwashers, cookers, washing machines, tumble driers, spin driers and anything with a plug.
The prices are:
- £17.00 per item
- £34.10 for fridges and freezers
Other large household items:Includes beds, sofas or wardrobes, domestic garden furniture and toys.
The prices are:
- £66.50 for up to six items
- £90.30 for six to twelve items
How we collect your items
- Collections take place on Mondays for bulky items and electrical items. The date for collection is confirmed at the time of booking.
- A set time cannot be offered.
- All items should be placed outside your property by 7am on the morning of the collection. They need to be in clear view.
- Items should be left on the kerbside and not in communal areas.
- We will not enter garages or properties to collect items.
- Operatives will only collect items that you request to be collected.
- You do not have to be available at the time of collection.
- Payment is made at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
Page last reviewed: 3 April 2023