This privacy notice explains how Colchester City Council will collect, use and protect personal data specifically with regard to the Homes for Ukraine scheme.
- Unique application number
- Accommodation request ID
- Guests name and age
- Sponsors name, address, age group and gender
- Sponsors contact details including telephone number and email address
- Status of DBS check
- Status of accommodation check
- Confirmed date of arrival of guest/s
- Confirmed guest end date
Agencies we might share your information with
- Other CBC departments including Revenues, Colchester Borough Homes, Private Sector Housing and Housing Options.
- Community 360 in order that they can provide other support services.
- Essex Wellbeing Service (as part of Essex Alliance) in order to provide wellbeing support.
- Refugee, Asylum seeker & Migrant Action (RAMA) in order to provide integration support.
The purpose and lawful basis for processing
The lawful basis for the processing of your personal data is public task.
Colchester City Council requires the above details to be able to provide support to both refugees and hosts taking part in the Homes for Ukraine scheme in line with government requirements. This support includes both wellbeing and integration support. Refugee Action Colchester provide casework and support for both refugees and hosts. We only collect the minimum amount of data required and ensure that it is stored securely.
Length of time we keep your information
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we are processing it, unless we have a legitimate reason for keeping it, for example, any legal requirement to keep the data for a set time period. However, where possible we will anonymise this data so that you cannot be identified.
Where we do not need to continue to process your personal data, it will be securely destroyed.
How we protect and store your personal data
We take the confidentiality of personal information very seriously and use recognised security and access controls to protect your information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have procedures and processes in place to ensure that your personal information is managed appropriately.
Your information may be held outside of the UK. Where this is the case, we ensure that additional measures are in place to protect your data and to ensure that we continue to comply with data protection requirements.
Updates to this privacy notice
We will continually review and update this privacy notice to reflect changes in our processes and procedures, as well as to comply with changes in the law. When such changes occur, we will revise the "last reviewed" date on this notice. We encourage you to periodically review this notice and to be informed of how we are protecting your information.