Colchester eCargo Bike Library Hire Scheme privacy notice
This privacy notice sets out what personal data we will use, how we will use it, and why we need to in respect of Colchester eCargo Bike Library Hire Scheme.
We collect and process personal data that you provide to us which may include:
- Contact details (such as address, telephone number, email address)
Additionally we may collect:
- GPS tracking of the bike should it be lost or stolen.
- Anonymized GP tracking of the bike for scheme reporting and to inform on potential improvements to the scheme.
- Data may be used to understand popular routes used to better promote the scheme, or to support future funding applications.
Agencies we may share your data with
Whilst working with you, we may share your information with some of the following third parties:
- Spoke safe LTD in relation to of the location, the booking system and payments for the hire of an eCargo bike during any agreed hire period.
- Our insurers should a claim arise.
- Law enforcement such as the police.
- Other services within the council to recover eCargo bikes.
- Colchester eCargo to assist with bike recovery.
The purpose and lawful basis for processing
We rely upon UK GDPR Article 6(1)(b) processing necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data party is subject, because you will be asked to agree to the terms and conditions as detailed in the booking form. We only request the minimum amount of information and ensure that it is stored securely.
How long will we keep your personal data
We will only hold your personal data for as long as necessary and whilst you have a membership with eCargo bike and in line with our retention schedules.
How we protect and store your personal data
We take the confidentiality of personal information very seriously and use recognised security and access controls to protect your information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have procedures and processes in place to ensure that your personal information is managed appropriately.
Your information may be held outside of the UK. Where this is the case, we ensure that additional measures are in place to protect your data and to ensure that we continue to comply with data protection requirements.
We use cloud providers and online application providers to help us run our business. Therefore the use of some of our systems may include the transfer of your personal data to other countries. Your data will only be transferred to other countries which have adequate provision in place to protect personal data to an equivalent level as personal data held in the UK.
Updates to this privacy notice
We will continually review and update this privacy notice to reflect changes in our processes and procedures, as well as to comply with changes in the law. When such changes occur, we will revise the 'last updated' date on this notice. We encourage you to periodically review this notice and to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
Page last reviewed: 6 December 2023