How to apply for a road closure
Thinking of holding your own march, procession or parade? Applying for a road closure is easy, here's how:
1. Check with the Police whether the area you have chosen for your event is suitable. We will do this anyway through our consultation process but it would be best for you to discuss your plans with the Police first.
2. Print and complete both these forms:
Contacting us online is the quickest and easiest way of getting in touch, but you can still call us if you prefer.
3. Email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need to write to us? Here is our postal address:
Contact and Support Team
Colchester Borough Council
33 Sheepen Road
If you have any questions you can call us on 01206 282700.
4. We will consider your application, consult Essex County Council and Essex Police and then tell you the outcome.
5. If your application is approved, you will then have to inform all residents and businesses that may be affected by your event.
6. There may be charges for a road closure, ranging from £50 to £2000.
7. As well as applying to us, you may also be required to hold Public Liability Insurance and a Performing Rights Society Music Licence.
Page last reviewed: 26 October 2020