Register for Council Tax

Whether you're moving in or out of Colchester, please let us know.


  • Register your details with us if you are a resident of Colchester.
  • If you are a landlord of a property in Colchester you can let us know if a tenant is moving.

Welcome to your new home!

Moving into a new place can be exciting times, but it's important to remember to let us know that you have moved and to register for Council Tax. 

If you are a resident, you can register you details with us here. 

Register for Council Tax

You will need...

  • The date of your move
  • Details of your old and new addresses
  • Details of who is moving in with you
  • Who will be moving into your old property. 


If you are a landlord or agent you can let us know if a tenant is moving. 

Email us at

Please provide...

  • Your name, contact telephone and email address
  • Landlord/Owner address
  • The name of your tenant/s and the address they are moving into or leaving
  • How many tenants are moving into or out of the property
  • The date of this change
  • The name of the new tenants if applicable.
Related Articles