You will be asked to provide details of two referees


  • When do you need a reference

When submitting an application form for a job vacancy with either Colchester Borough Council, Colchester Borough Homes or Colchester Commercial Holdings Ltd you will be asked to provide the details of referees who are in a position to comment on your previous work experience, personal conduct within a work environment and general suitability for the job you have applied for.  "Work experience" can mean both paid and/or any voluntary work that you may have undertaken.

Please note that we must check references for your last 3 years of employment which must include your current or last employer(can include unpaid work experience).

Also, if you are related to a Colchester Borough Council Member (Councillor), a Colchester Borough Homes Board Member or an employee of either organisation you will need to provide details of any such relationships on the application form.

Related Articles