Gather your little monsters for a ghoulishly good time at High Woods Country Park this October half term.
The whole family can enjoy our frighteningly good Halloween-themed walking trails. Venture into the woods and follow the trail to learn creepy and horrible facts about nature.
Grab your fang-tastic trail sheet from High Woods Country Park visitor centre, for just £1 (per sheet). Complete the trail for a sweet treat. Why not get into the spirit and dress up too!
There’s no need to book, you can just turn up! Please bring your own pen or pencil to complete your trail sheet.
You’ve also still got time to book for
- Volunteer Induction Day on 16 October at High Woods Country Park. To join this please apply online www.colchester.gov.uk/volunteering
- Fungi Walk on 26 October, 10.30am at Wivenhoe Woods. £5.50 adult £4 child. Booking required
- Fungi Walk on 29 October, 10.30am and 1.30pm at High Woods Country Park. £5.50 adult £4 child. Booking required
- Fungi Walk on 19 November, 10.30am and 1.30pm at High Woods Country Park. £5.50 adult £4 child. Booking required
- Woodland Wreath Making (children’s event) on 21 December, 10am at High Woods Country Park. £5.50 child. Booking required
High Woods Country Park visitor centre is open every day between 10am-4pm. Please check visitor centre and car park opening times before you visit at www.colchester.gov.uk/country-park/
Car park users must make contactless parking payments using MiPermit which is available via an app, online portal, text or phone call. Parking information, including opening times and fees can be found at www.colchester.gov.uk/parking (no cash payment option available).
Page last reviewed: 12 October 2022