Date issued: 24 January 2019
Colchester Borough Council is undertaking a survey to find out customers views on its car parks in Colchester town centre.
The survey will take place between 26 January and 2 February. Parking Officers from North Essex Parking Partnership (NEPP), who manage the Council’s car parks, and Street Ambassadors from Our Colchester (BID) will be out and about in town centre car parks asking drivers to complete the survey in exchange for a free car parking stay. Survey dates are:
- Butt Road Car Park: 28 January, 9am-12noon & 29 January, 1pm-4pm
- St Johns Car Park: 28 January, 1pm-4pm; 29 January 1pm-3pm & 2 February, 8.30am-10.30am
- St Mary's Car Park: 28 & 29 January, 12noon-2pm & 2 February, 10am-12noon
- Vineyard Street Car Park:26 January, 2pm-4pm; 28 January 1pm-3pm; 1 & 2 February 12noon-2pm
- Britannia Car Park: 1 & 2 February, 3pm-5pm
- Priory Street Car Park: 26 January, 10am-12noon; 28 January, 9am-11am; 1 & 2 February 9am-11am
- Middleborough Car Park: 28 & 29 January 8am-10am
The survey is also available online here (please note that the free parking stay is not available with the online version).
The survey focuses on how and why drivers use the car parks in Colchester and the experience they have, including value for money, special offers, MiPermit payment options, access and lighting. It also gives people the chance to comment on whether they would like to see electric vehicle charging points installed and areas of the car parks they feel could be developed to make the car parks better.
Councillor Mike Lilley, Colchester Borough Council Portfolio Holder for Planning, Public Safety and Licensing, said: “We are carrying out this survey because we want to build a better picture of exactly how and why people use our town centre car parks, alongside how easy it is to pay, whether they know about special offers and what improvements they would like to see. This is all valuable information that will help us to develop parking in the town centre and shape future polices, making a Better Colchester.”
To find out more about parking in the town, including locations of car parks and year-round deals, visit colchester.gov.uk/parking
Page last reviewed: 24 January 2019