Date issued: 23 April 2019
From Monday 29 April, 75,000 Colchester households who have kerbside collections will begin to receive their new supply of clear recycling bags.
Between Monday 29 April and Friday 17 May, residents will receive a roll of clear bags for recycling paper, plastic and textiles, and are asked to note that the bags may not be delivered on their normal collection day.
Colchester’s clear recycling bags, food waste containers and green boxes for cans and glass are also available for free all year round from local collection points.
Useful information about recycling can be found on the Council’s website, and includes:
- Recent changes to plastic recycling
- What can and can’t be recycled
- What is food waste and what isn’t
- How to order free recycling and food waste containers
- Collection dates for households
- Where containers need to be left on collection day
- Information about the garden waste collection service.
Residents who have not had a delivery of clear bags by the 18 May can then report this online by Friday 24 May. All redeliveries will then take place by 31 May.
It’s easy to keep up to date with bag deliveries, recycling collections and news year-round by registering for the Greener Living e-newsletter, following the Council on social media at @YourColchester on Twitter and EnjoyColchester on Facebook or visiting www.colchester.gov.uk/recycling.