Successful applicants to Colchester City Council’s (CCC) Cultural and Creative Events Fund have been announced.
The Fund totalling £30,000 was made available to support cultural and creative events and activity across the City of Colchester, between the 1 April 2023 and 30 April 2024, and is an innovative partnership with NHS Suffolk and North East Essex Integrated Care Board.
By linking up with the NHS, CCC is cementing its commitment to improving residents' health, wellbeing and quality of life through encouraging participation in creative activities and engagement with culture.
Applications have come from organisations, groups and individuals across the City of Colchester, with a huge variety of art forms and community celebrations awarded grants along with projects inspired by the area’s unique heritage.
Following an assessment by a panel chaired by Councillor Pam Cox, Portfolio Holder for Culture and Heritage, the available funds have been split between 29 qualifying projects, providing residents with opportunities to come together, take part, experience something new, and celebrate with their communities over the coming year.
Councillor Pam Cox, Portfolio Holder for Culture and Heritage, said: “We were delighted with the high number and diverse range of projects applying for funding this year. The successful applications showcase the talent, passion and dedication of individuals and groups across Colchester. I can’t wait to see the events take place and projects come to fruition during this special City Status Year of Celebration.”
Laura Taylor-Green, Director, North East Essex Health and Wellbeing Alliance, said: “We’re so pleased the fund continues to attract a diverse and eclectic range of submissions, highlighting how the city of Colchester is full of amazing talent.
“Being involved in the arts, either as a creator or spectator, is so good for our wellbeing, and long may Colchester continue to flourish as a place for cultural inventiveness and imagination.”
Projects awarded grants from the Cultural and Creative Fund 2023/24:
- Awaz Doh Assembly: Boudica Rising
- Children and Young People Cultural Day Workshop
- Colchester Fringe Festival 2023
- Colchester Musicircus
- Colchester Pride 2023
- Colchester WrightNight
- Cuckoo Farm Studios 2023 Public Programme
- Eco Festival Colchester 2023
- Indonesian Culture
- In Memoria – an exhibition of love, of loss and of birds
- Invasion Colchester
- Janes Walk Colchester 2023
- Life Lines
- Motonafas – Climate Change Workshops
- Music and Art In The Garden at the Hythe
- Our Colchester
- Poetry In The Tower
- Prevention and Cure Exhibition
- Rowhedge Regatta
- Roman Mosaic Workshops
- Roman Pottery Workshop
- Roman River Music Festival 2023
- Rotary Club Colchester Community and Charity Fun Day
- Sri Lankan New Year Celebrations
- Stitch and Bitch Colchester Sessions 2023
- St Leonards at the Hythe 2023 Events Programme
- Kings Ford Summer Fair and Community Fun Day
- The Colchester Roman Festival
Page last reviewed: 9 March 2023