Coronavirus: view the status of our services

We are providing information for residents, businesses, and communities which we will review and update regularly. View the latest updates, advice and guidance.

Direct Payment form

You can request that your tenant's LHA is paid directly to you. You will need to provide supporting documents if your tenant is in arrears.


  • When you can request that your tenant's Local Housing Allowance is paid directly to you.
  • How to request the payments.

Local Housing Allowance is usually paid directly to the claimant. Payments will only be made to the landlord if:

  • We consider that a tenant is unlikely to pay their rent
  • We think that a tenant may have difficulty managing their money
  • It will help the tenant secure or keep their tenancy
  • A tenant is more than 8 weeks in arrears with their rent (You will need to provide evidence to show the amount of arrears, the number of weeks and the details of any action you have taken).

Our Direct Payment online form is currently unavailable, we are sorry for any inconvenience.

To request that payment is made directly to you, the landlord, please email or call 01206 282600.

Upload Supporting Documents here

Related Articles