Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Colchester Borough Council is monitoring the situation closely and will continue to take action to minimise disruption and keep residents and visitors safe.

Coronavirus: updates, advice and guidance

Report a change of details or a move

It important that you let us know about any changes that may affect your tenant's entitlement to Housing Benefit or how we pay you.


  • When you need to report a change of circumstances to us.
  • How to report changes to us.

You have a duty to tell us about changes that may affect the tenant's entitlement or how we pay you.

Examples of changes you should tell us about are:

  • If your tenant moves in or out (including changing rooms or flats within the same building).
  • Changes in rent (both increase and decrease).
  • If somebody else moves in.
  • If payments are made directly to you, you need to tell us if your circumstances change, i.e. a change of address or bank details.

Report a change of details here

Related Articles