Created with Lunacy

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Colchester Borough Council is monitoring the situation closely and will continue to take action to minimise disruption and keep residents and visitors safe. 

Coronavirus: updates, advice and guidance

Accident Notification

What, how and where to report accidents at work.


  • How to report accidents, dangerous occurrences or cases of occupational illness

Certain accidents at work must be reported by law to the enforcing authority by the employer. Because there was often uncertainty as to whether the enforcing authority was the Local Authority or the Health and Safety Executive a central reporting point was set up called the Incident Contact Centre (ICC).

All reportable accidents, dangerous occurrences or cases of occupational illness should therefore be notified to the I.C.C.

  • By phone:       0845 300 9923 (8.30am-5.00pm)
  • By fax:             0845 300 9924 (any time)
  • By internet:
  • By e-mail:
  • By post:          Incident Contact Centre, Caerphilly Business Park, Caerphilly, CF83 3GG

 Details of the types of incident that are reportable

Opening Hours Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm (excluding public holidays). Please Note: Colchester Borough Council is committed to Customer Excellence and may record your call.

Name: Food and Safety Team


Phone: 44 (0)1206 282581

Related Articles
Useful links