Created with Lunacy

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Colchester Borough Council is monitoring the situation closely and will continue to take action to minimise disruption and keep residents and visitors safe. 

Coronavirus: updates, advice and guidance

Report a Change of Circumstances

It's important that you let us know if your details or circumstances change so we can make sure you are being charged the right amount of Council Tax


  • When you need to let us know about a change of circumstances
  • How to report a move online
  • You can email us about a change of details

Changes of Circumstances

Please let us know straight away if there are any changes that affect your discount or exemption, failure to inform the Council of any changes could lead to a fine.

This includes:

  •  someone moving out
  •  someone moving in
  •  a trainee or student finishing a course or giving up training
  •  a resident going into hospital for long term care
  •  a person becoming 18

You can report a move to us using our online form.

Report a move


Email us about a change of circumstances:

Related Articles