Do I qualify?
Changing Place toilet facilities are for disabled people who need help to use the toilet. They are not for disabled people who can use a toilet independent of a carer.
How to get access
- Please complete the on-line Application Form to apply for an entrance code.
- As part of the application process you must upload a copy of the Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment (higher rate mobility component)
- Please allow five working days to receive the access information.
- Access details must not be transferred between users. The access combination will be monitored and changed if there has been any unauthorised access.
- The access code will be changed regularly and the new details sent to you.
- Please note that Changing Places facilities cannot be opened using Radar keys.
Guidance for using Changing Places facilities
- Carers / users wishing to use the changing places facility should be ideally trained in using hoists and changing benches.
- As a carer/user, you will need to satisfy yourself that your slings are compatible with the hoist. Colchester Borough Council does not supply slings for health and safety reasons. If you are in any doubt, please do not use the hoist.
- Before using the facility, please use the protective paper provided and remove the paper after use.
- All soiled / disposable material should be placed in the sanitary waste bin provided.
- Please take all soiled clothing away. Please do not use the basin or shower for washing clothing.
- As a carer / user it is your responsibility to ensure safety at all times, especially when using the hoist. Hoist maximum weight 31.5stone (200Kg) and the changing bench maximum weight is 30 stone (190Kg).
Please consider others when using the facility and leave the room clean and tidy.
Please read the full guidance before completing the form
Apply for an entrance code