Created with Lunacy

Please note that some of our council tax services will not be available today and over the weekend. You will be unable to report a move, set up a Direct Debit or view your online account. Normal service should resume on Monday.  

Mandatory Rate Relief

Help available for charities, community clubs and other organisations to pay Business Rates.


  • Who can get Mandatory Rate Relief.
  • The requirements for Mandatory Rate Relief
  • Information about Community Amateur Sports Clubs.

Can I get Mandatory Rate Relief? 

If you are a registered charity using a non-domestic property for the main purpose of the charity you can claim 80 per cent relief form your business rates if: 

  • A registered charity or trustees for a registered charity occupies the property, and 

  • The property is used wholly or mainly for charitable purposes.  

You can apply For Mandatory Charitable Relief Here 

Please visit the Government website for further information regarding Mandatory Rate Relief by using the link below:

Mandatory Rate Relief information

Community Amateur Sports Clubs

Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASC) are now classed in the same category as a charity and they will therefore be entitled to 80% mandatory relief. 

If your club has not already achieved CASC status and you would like to do so, please contact HM Revenues & Customs for further help and advice. 

Register A Community Amateur Sports Club

Related Articles