Brexit Transition and you is your guide to the process of the UK leaving the EU (Brexit), including:
- the EU exit process - keep up to date with progress on the exit and how Essex is preparing
- information for residents - living and working in the UK after the EU exit, international travel and driving
- information for businesses and employers - information for businesses and employers to help prepare for EU exit
- EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status) - if you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen
Essex County Council have further information for people living, working and running a business in the UK.
Brexit Transition and you preparation and information
New rules and guidance for business following the UK's departure from the EU
New rules apply to things like travel and doing business with Europe. Use the Brexit checker to get a personalised list of actions for you, your business and your family.
Brexit checker at GOV.UK
Following the Free Trade Agreement struck between the UK and the EU new rules for business have been published by the Government. UK businesses have to make a number of changes to ensure continued flow of people, data, goods and services between the UK and the EU. Businesses should take action as the UK is no longer in the single market or the customs union.
Brexit Transition Changes - Actions for Businesses (PDF, 705KB)
The Government has also published sector specific actions for 10 sectors of the economy.
- Electronics and Machinery
- Life Sciences
- Metals and Materials
- Professional and Business Services
- Consumer Goods
Sector Specific Brexit Transition Actions (PDF, 759KB)