The Community Enabling Strategy
was approved on 3 June 2015. This encourages local communities to work together to improve and protect their neighbourhoods by increasing neighbourliness, social networks and civic participation.
As part of the strategy a sum of money has been divided equally between all 51 Colchester Councillors to use on supporting initiatives within their wards.
As well as delivering the objectives of the Community Enabling Strategy, projects should be aligned with the themes of the Council’s Strategic Plan 2020-23
- Tackling the climate challenge and leading sustainability.
- Creating safe, healthy and active communities.
- Delivering homes for people who need them.
- Growing a fair economy so everyone benefits.
- Celebrating our heritage and culture.