What you can do about a noise nuisance

Before making a formal noise complaint, try to discuss the problem with your neighbour or neighbouring business. They may be unaware that they are causing a disturbance, and most will be glad to do what they can to reduce the noise.

If you are unable to approach them directly, write them a letter explaining the problem in a way that is polite and factual.

While you are not obliged to do this, it may help to keep a friendly relationship with your neighbours.

If the noise continues, or you are worried about approaching your neighbour, you can report it to us.

Alternatively, you can telephone our Customer Service Centre on 01206 282581

Page last reviewed: 23 November 2023