Report a noise nuisance

Before making a formal complaint, try to discuss the problem with your neighbour or neighbouring business. They may be unaware that they are causing a noise issue.

However, if you do not get a positive response, do not feel comfortable speaking to your neighbour, or the problem persists and is regular, you can report it to us.

Housing association tenants

If you and the neighbour causing the noise (or any other nuisance) are tenants of the same housing association, you should complain directly to your landlord’s anti-social behaviour or tenancy enforcement team who will be able to investigate and potentially take action.

We will only investigate problems that are a statutory nuisance.

Start now

You cannot make an anonymous report to us. We will not share your name or contact details with the person or business you are reporting.  

We will carry out an investigation and take action where possible. If we cannot take action, you may be able to take legal action yourself.

Page last reviewed: 23 November 2023