Disproportionate burden assessment for Statement of Gambling Principles 2022 -2025
This assessment relates to the creation of an accessible version of the Council’s Statement of Gambling Principles for use on the Council’s website as part of a limited consultation exercise (until 31 October 2021)
Benefits of creating an accessible version
The benefits of creating an HTML version of this PDF would be:
- a fully accessible version for all users to access
- an easily searchable and indexable version
Burden placed on the organisation
We’ve estimated that it would take around 8 days of a content designer’s time to create an HTML version of this PDF.
Other factors relevant to this decision are:
- Interest in the document is likely to be low as copies have been sent directly to all those with an interest in the policy
- We have never received a request for an accessible version of the document
- We will continue to assist with accessible versions on request
- Due to the nature of this content, there was a need to publish the document quickly, so we took the decision to publish the PDF as a temporary measure
Having considered the estimated effort involved in creating an HTML version, along with the low estimated demand and the short length of time this document is to be placed on the website, we have concluded that the work involved would be a poor use of staff time. This represents a disproportionate burden on the organisation.
View Statement of Gambling Principles 2022 - 2025 (PDF, 1.27MB)
If you need any of the information from the PDF provided in another format, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last reviewed: 11 October 2021