Disproportionate burden assessment for The Licensing, Food and Safety Enforcement Policy
This assessment relates to the creation of an accessible version of The Licensing, Food and Safety Enforcement Policy and Principles for use on the Council’s website as part of the Enforcement Concordat in relation to how we carry out our statutory regulatory duties.
Benefits of creating an accessible version
The benefits of creating an HTML version of this PDF would be:
- a fully accessible version for all users to access
- an easily searchable and indexable version
Burden placed on the organisation
We’ve estimated that it would take around 14 days of a content designer’s time to create a HTML version of this PDF.
Other factors relevant to this decision are:
- Interest in the document is likely to be low as people only refer to it if they are not satisfied with the action taken against them or the other party.
- We have never received a request for an accessible version of the document and will continue to assist with accessible versions on request
- Due to the nature of this content and the statutory function, there is a requirement to have it available in a readable format at all times, at the moment the PDF is the only available format.
Having considered the estimated effort involved in creating a HTML version, along with the low estimated demand and the requirement to have it available at all times, this document is to be placed on the website as a PDF. We have concluded that the work involved would be a poor use of staff time. This represents a disproportionate burden on the organisation.
View The CBC Enforcement Policy Licensing, Food and Safety (PDF,747KB)
If you need any of the information from the PDFs provided in another format, contact Licensing.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Page last reviewed: 18 November 2021