Disproportionate burden assessment for the public register
This is a public register of processes permitted by the Council under EPA 1990. The Council has a duty to display this information.
Benefits of creating an accessible versionThe benefits of creating an HTML version of this PDF would be:
- A fully accessible version for all users to access
- An easily searchable and indexable version
Burden placed on the organisationWe’ve estimated that it would take a disproportionate amount of a content designer’s time to create an HTML version of this PDF. The document it is a statutory requirement by DEFRA and is required to be publicly available.
Contributing factorsOther factors relevant to this decision are:
- The document is a unique piece of work that has to be displayed as one document.
- The document it is a statutory requirement by DEFRA and is required to be publicly available.
- We have never received a request for an accessible version of the document and will continue to assist with accessible versions on request.
After taking into consideration the importance of having up-to-date information on the website and the complexity of this document which would make converting it into HTML a long and difficult process, we have decided to publish this document as a PDF. This represents a disproportionate burden on the organisation. This document needs to be replaced annually.
View Public Register
If you need any of the information from the PDF provided in another format, contact Belinda.Silkstone@colchester.gov.uk
Page last reviewed: