Disproportionate burden assessment for Hackney Carriage & Private Hire Licensing Policy
This assessment relates to the creation of an accessible version of the Council’s Hackney Carriage and Private Hire Licensing Policy for use on the Council’s website by licence holders and the general public.
Benefits of creating an accessible versionThe benefits of creating an HTML version of this PDF would be:
- A fully accessible version for all users to access
- An easily searchable and indexable version
Burden placed on the organisation
It would take a disproportionate amount of a content designer's time to create an HTML version of this PDF.
Contributing factorsOther factors relevant to this decision are:
- Interest in the document is likely to be low as copies are supplied to licence holders on grant
- We have never received a request for an accessible version of the document
- Due to the nature of this content, there was a need to publish the document quickly, so we took the decision to publish the PDF as a temporary measure. An HTML page was created specifically to host this PDF, and this page was given the same title as the publication, making it searchable for Scope
Having considered the estimated effort involved in creating an HTML version, along with the low estimated demand we have concluded that the work involved would be a poor use of staff time. This represents a disproportionate burden on the organisation.
View the Hackney Carriage & Private Hire Licensing Policy
If you need any of the information from the PDF provided in another format, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last reviewed: