Disproportionate burden assessment for Contaminated Land Strategy
It is a statutory requirement by DEFRA to publicly display a Contaminated Land Strategy.
Benefits of creating an accessible versionThe benefits of creating an HTML version of this PDF would be:
- A fully accessible version for all users to access
- An easily searchable and indexable version
Burden placed on the organisationWe’ve estimated that it would take a disproportionate amount of a content designer’s time to create an HTML version of this PDF. The document it is a statutory requirement and is subject to periodic checks by DEFRA.
Contributing factorsOther factors relevant to this decision are:
- The strategy, is a unique piece of work that has to be displayed as one document.
- This document is a statutory requirement and is subject to periodic checks by DEFRA
- We have never received a request for an accessible version of the document and will continue to assist with accessible versions on request.
After taking into consideration the importance of having up-to-date information on the website and the complexity of this document which would make converting it into HTML a long and difficult process, we have decided to publish this document as a PDF. This represents a disproportionate burden on the organisation.
View Contaminated Land Strategy
If you need any of the information from the PDF provided in another format, contact Belinda.Silkstone@colchester.gov.uk
Page last reviewed: