Disproportionate burden assessment for Colchester City Council Structure Chart
A structure chart is useful for customers as a visual snapshot of Colchester City Council as an organisation. It shows the Council's management team and the service structure so customers can identify which services are delivered by the Council. It is also a requirement of the Local Government Transparency Code that councils publish an organisation chart.
Benefits of creating an accessible versionThe benefits of creating an HTML version of this PDF would be:
- A fully accessible version for all users to access
- An easily searchable and indexable version
Burden placed on the organisationWe’ve estimated that it would take a disproportionate amount of a content designer’s time to create an HTML version of this PDF. The document needs to be updated regularly, to reflect changes in personnel or service areas.
Contributing factorsOther factors relevant to this decision are:
- Structure charts are by their nature in the format of a chart, and converting charts into HTML is not currently a straightforward process.
- The document needs to be updated regularly, to reflect changes in personnel or service areas.
- We have never received a request for an accessible version of the document and will continue to assist with accessible versions on request.
After taking into consideration the need to publish this document quickly to meet operational needs, the importance of having up-to-date information on the website and the complexity of this document which would make converting it into HTML a long and difficult process, we have decided to publish this document as a PDF. This represents a disproportionate burden on the organisation.
View Colchester City Council Structure Chart
If you need any of the information from the PDF provided in another format, contact HR.ServiceCentre@colchester.gov.uk
Page last reviewed: