Local Council Tax Support Consultation 2024/25
This consultation has now closed.
Each year Colchester City Council must decide whether to change the Council Tax Support scheme for working age applicants in its area. There are no changes for pension age applicants as they are part of the national scheme.
A new Council Tax Support Scheme for Colchester
This year we are deciding whether to change the working age Council Tax Support Scheme.
We are legally required to consult on any proposed changes to the scheme and are asking you to take part in this consultation so we can find out what you think about our proposed Council Tax Support Scheme, which would start from 01 April 2024.
We want to:
- make the scheme easier to understand and access
- provide up to 80% support for households on the lowest incomes and those that fall within the protected group
- make the scheme work better with the Universal Credit system
- support families, carers and applicants who receive a disability benefit
- take away the need for constant changes in awards
- make the scheme easier to manage
The survey will close at midnight on Friday 29 September.
Complete the survey
Page last reviewed: 19 October 2023