Test and Trace Support Payment
Financial support is available to help residents who have a loss in income due to being asked by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate. If you are a Colchester resident and meet the eligibility criteria, you may be entitled to a grant payment of £500.
Before you start your application
You may be eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment if you:
- live in the Colchester borough
- have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace in the last 28 days
- can evidence financial hardship from being asked to self-isolate
You will not be eligible for the Test and Trace Support Payment if you:
- do not meet the eligibility criteria
- are quarantining after travelling abroad (unless you test positive during the 14-day quarantine period)
- have not received a notification from NHS Test and Trace telling you to self-isolate
How to apply
This application is for one person only and any further applications within the same household must be made by each individual.
You should have the following information before starting your application:
- National Insurance number
- your 8-character NHS Test and Trace Account ID
- your bank account details to receive payment (we cannot pay into a third party account)
- a bank statement issued within the last two months which shows proof of earnings
- if you are employed or self employed, a recent wage slips or proof of self-employment such as business bank statements issued within the last two months, your most recent set of accounts, or evidence of self-assessment returns.
Test and Trace Support Payment policies
Colchester Borough Council will make the necessary checks to ensure payments can be verified and have been made correctly. There is no right of appeal and the decisions will be final.
Page last reviewed: 1 February 2021