Local Council Tax Support
If your household is on a low income, your Council Tax bill could be reduced through a scheme offered by Colchester Borough Council.
You can apply if you own your home, rent, are unemployed, or working.
Your eligibility and how much your bill is reduced by depends on:
- your circumstances (e.g. income, number of children, benefits, residency status)
- your household income - this includes savings, pensions and your partner’s income
- your savings are below a certain level – usually £6,000
- if your children live with you
- if other adults live with you
Page last reviewed: 24 March 2020