Coronavirus: view the status of our services

We are providing information for residents, businesses, and communities which we will review and update regularly. View the latest updates, advice and guidance.

Temporary Pavement Permits

If you intend to serve food and drink from your business on any part of the public highway, you will need to apply for a licence.

The Government has passed the Business and Planning Bill 2020 which includes temporary measures to support businesses selling food and drink through economic recovery as lockdown restrictions are lifted but social distancing guidelines remain in place.

The end date for these measures is currently 30 September 2021.

The Council’s usual arrangements for the licensing of tables and chairs on the highway have therefore been suspended for this period.

Apply for a Temporary Pavement Permit

Please read the Temporary Pavement Permit Licensing Policy and Procedure (PDF 431KB) before applying.

Once your application has been confirmed, you will be contacted for payment. The fee for the application is £100.

Our Licensing team will then issue the notice to display and consult on the application.

Page last reviewed: 5 January 2021