Business Support Grants
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open)
- Additional Restrictions Grant
The discretionary scheme has been designed to ensure businesses most in need, in particular those not eligible for any other support or those most affected by the restrictions are prioritised. The scheme is regularly reviewed and extended as more funding is provided.
Applications which are found not eligible are regularly reviewed and reassessed against any changes.
Who can apply for discretionary scheme funding?This criteria applies to all businesses making an application.
Your business must:
- be a local independent business
- comply with state aid rules
- not be insolvent, in administration or having received a striking off notice
- have been open/trading prior to the most recent lockdown
- Businesses with a separate business premises and required to close
- Businesses without business premises
- Non-essential retail
- Personal care (such as hair & beauty)
- Supplier to retail, hospitality & leisure
|Up to £9,999||£2,000|
|£10,000 to £14,999||£5,000|
|£15,000 to £50,000||£10,000|
Regular Colchester Market Traders
Stall holders who have traded weekly in Colchester for a minimum of 12 months prior to national restrictions will be provided with a £500 grant.
Colchester licensed taxi drivers
Taxi drivers who are licensed with Colchester Borough Council will be provided with a £500 grant.
Businesses operating from home
The following businesses can apply for a one off grant of £2,000.
- Personal care
- Business must be able to evidence on-going fixed costs which remain payable during Covid-19 restrictions.
Businesses still able to trade
The following businesses can apply for a one-off grant of £5,000 is they meet the eligibility criteria.
The business must be able to evidence significant losses caused by the Covid-19 restrictions.
- Personal care
Page last reviewed: 19 February 2021