Disproportionate burden assessment for the homelessness and rough sleeping strategies
ScopeColchester City Council (CCC) is required by statute to develop and publish strategies for both housing and homelessness and rough sleeping. Those strategies must be developed using a robust evidence base, which collates data and information that are used to inform the actions and delivery plans set out in those strategies. The evidence base must be open to scrutiny and public view.
Benefits of creating an accessible versionThe benefits of creating a HTML version of this PDF would be:
- A fully accessible version for all users to access
- An easily searchable and indexable version
Burden placed on the organisationHaving received advice from our specialised web team, we think the negative impact of effort to turn the PDF into accessible web pages considerably outweighs what would be a very small or non-existent benefit to disabled users.
Contributing factorsOther factors relevant to this decision are:
- Interest in the document is likely to be low as it is a supporting document to other documentation, rather than an end product in itself.
- We have never received a request for an accessible version of the document.
- We will continue to assist with accessible versions on request.
Having considered the estimated effort involved in creating a HTML version, along with the low estimated demand, we have concluded that the work involved would be a poor use of staff time. This represents a disproportionate burden on the organisation.
View the strategies
If you need any of the information from the PDF provided in another format, contact email@example.com.
Page last reviewed: 11 August 2023