Disproportionate burden assessment for Local Council Tax Policy
ScopeAs part of Local Council Tax Support regulations published by the Department of Work and Pension, a copy of the Council's Local Council Tax Support needs to be available to any current or future claimant.
Benefits of creating an accessible versionThe benefits of creating a HTML version of this PDF would be:
- A fully accessible version for all users to access
- An easily searchable and indexable version
Burden placed on the organisationIt would take a disproportionate amount of a content designer's time to create a HTML version of this PDF.
- Interest in the document is likely to be low as people only refer to it if they are not satisfied with the action taken against them or the other party.
- We have never received a request for an accessible version of the document and will continue to assist with accessible versions on request.
- Due to the nature of this content and the statutory function, there is a requirement to have it available in a readable format at all times, at the moment the PDF is the only available format.
Having considered the estimated effort involved in creating a HTML version, along with the low estimated demand and the requirement to have it available at all times, this document is to be placed on the website as a PDF. We have concluded that the work involved would be a poor use of staff time. This represents a disproportionate burden on the organisation.
View the Local Council Tax Policy(1.27MB)
If you need any of the information from the PDF provided in another format, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last reviewed: 4 July 2022