Disproportionate burden assessment for the Colchester Economic Growth and Development Strategy
ScopeThis Strategy sets out the role Colchester City Council and our partners will play in ensuring
our economy includes everyone and to championing the Real Living Wage.
It is a critical document for:
- businesses to use in their future plans in assessing market opportunities
- stakeholders to assess potential future partnership work
- inward investors to understand where the economic opportunity lies and assess their potential future role in it
Benefits of creating an accessible versionThe benefits of creating a HTML version of this PDF would be:
- A fully accessible version for all users to access
- An easily searchable and indexable version
Burden placed on the organisationIt has been estimated that it would take around 5 weeks of a content designer's time to create a HTML version of this PDF.
The Strategy has an evidence base digest companion document which contains data in tables and charts in the report which would be difficult to convert to an accessible version placing a disproportionate burden on the organisation.
Contributing factorsOther factors relevant to this decision are:
- We have never received a request for an accessible version of the document.
- We will continue to assist with accessible versions on request
Having considered the estimated resource involved in creating a HTML version, the limited demand, and that we have never received a request for an accessible version, these documents will be placed on the website as a PDF. We have concluded that the work involved in creating a HTML version would be a considerable amount of limited staff time, would prevent them from working on other projects and represents a disproportionate burden on the organisation.
View the strategies
If you need any of the information from the PDF provided in another format, contact email@example.com.
Page last reviewed: 3 February 2023