Disproportionate burden assessment for the private hire and taxi driver fees
We are duty bound under legislation to publish annually the fees and charges for Hackney Carriages and Private hire .
Benefits of creating an accessible version
The benefits of creating an HTML version of this PDF would be:
- a fully accessible version for all users to access
- an easily searchable and indexable version
Burden placed on the organisation
The advertisement only has to be available online for 28 days, it is then removed. Therefore the the time taken to change it from a PDF to HTML would be onerous and not allow for the in time representations to be be made.
Other factors relevant to this decision are:
- We have never received a request for an accessible version of the document.
- We will continue to assist with accessible versions on request.
- Due to the nature of this content, there was a need to publish the document quickly, so we took the decision to publish the PDF as a temporary measure.
Having considered the estimated effort involved in creating a HTML version, along with the low estimated demand and the short length of time this document is to be placed on the website, we have concluded that the work involved would be a poor use of staff time. This represents a disproportionate burden on the organisation.
2023-2024 Private hire and taxi driver fees (PDF, 102KB)
If you need any of the information from the PDF provided in another format, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last reviewed: 8 December 2021