Special collections of bulky and electrical household items
The Council will collect and safely dispose of your unwanted, large household items for a small charge.
If your item can be reused please consider donating the item to a local ReUse organisation.
Fridges, freezers and fridge-freezers £25.45 per item*
Please make sure they're empty
Hazardous and/or electrical waste £12.12 per item
Inc other white goods and anything with a plug
List of the hazardous and electrical items we can collect
Other large household items £41.41 for up to six items -
Inc items such as beds, sofas or wardrobes £66.46 for up to twelve items
and items such as domestic garden furniture or toys.
List of the bulky household items we can collect
Please read the following conditions carefully:
- Payment is made at the time of booking.
- All bookings are made on a 'non-refundable' basis.
- All items must be left for collection outside your property in clear view by 7am on the morning of the collection date. We will not enter garages or properties to collect items.
- Items must be left on the kerbside and not in communal areas.
- You do not have to be available at the time of collection.
- Collections take place on Mondays. (including Bank Holidays)
- Date for collection is confirmed at the time of booking. Unfortunately, a specific time of day cannot be offered.
- Please note that the operatives will only collect the items that you request to be collected.
A pre-bookable 'bulky goods' collection service takes place every fortnight on a Saturday for some roads within the Barnhall, Monkwick and Blackheath, Old Heath, St Andrew's, Shrub End and St Anne's wards. Please note we cannot collect some items.